Wednesday 17 April 2013

If you love fragrance, then you'll love our Discovery Club

A few weeks ago a received an email inviting me to join The Fragrance Shop Discovery Club, have you heard of it?  If not, this is the description:

"If you love fragrance, then you'll love our Discovery Club.
Our exciting new club allows you to explore the very latest fragrance launches from the comfort of your own home. For just £5 per quarter, each edition comes with fragrance samples for you to try, details on each of the fragrances included, as well as discount vouchers so you can make some big savings on all the scents featured."

Then in a bit more detail you are told:

  • Exciting fragrance samples delivered straight to your home
  • £25 of exclusive member discount vouchers inside
  • A selection of the top fragrance brands
  • Only £5 per quarter
  • No commitment - cancel at any time!

So for £5 per quarter, which is not a lot of money, especially when my first box was free, it was too tempting not to take part, so I duly signed up.  Today my box arrived, which is really quick and I was quite surprised at how lovely the box was and how well made it is, all too often people are complaining that their beauty boxes are all flimsy and break... this one is very well made as you can see below.



Then once you have opened the outer packaging and have found the box inside, it is loving wrapped with this dark blue tissue paper with a silver seal featuring the initials DC on it, clearly standing for 'Discovery Club'.  Then once inside the paper, this is what you find:


Inside the box there two booklets.  The first one features details and information on all of the samples you will find in your box and those details include what sized bottles, how much they cost and a short paragraph on each.  The second booklet is your voucher booklet and in this you have 5 x £5 off vouchers for each of the five fragrance samples you have in the box.

As this is my first box, I was quite excited to find out which fragrances I would find in my box.  I love perfume and I love testing perfume, so for me this is really a great idea to have signed up too and to be honest inexpensive.  My fragrances this quarter are:

  • Vera Wang Lovestruck Floral Rush - It is a prequel to the Loverstruck Story
  • Roberto Carvalli - Just Carvalli - Described as sexy and provocative
  • Juicy Couture - La La - Described as being funky, punk and a rock fragrance with heaps of spirit
  • Lacoste - eau de Lacoste Pour Femme - Described as being modern, iconic and breathtakingly simple
  • Nina Ricci - Nina L'Eau - Described as being a fresh new offering for Spring
So this is what is in my box and should you wish to read more about them, you can do so by clicking HERE

As these fragrances are just samples you get a smallish bottle containing around 4fl oz which you can see more clearly here:


I am really pleased with this box and I love the fact I have new samples to test and try out without having to go into a shop and cover myself in perfumes to see if they smell okay on my skin.

If you think this is something you would like to sign up to, you can find the link HERE along with further information.

So what do you think to my box? Are you a subscriber? 
Will you subscribe?

Everything written here is done so by the blog owner and it may appear elsewhere.
All content and images © Beautyqueenuk unless otherwise stated. Blog design by Beautyqueenuk